Our vision is the establishment of a Christian Secondary School for Girls situated in Rongai, Kenya. It will be a happy, disciplined school which helps girls achieve very high standards in all they do, so that they leave well equipped to become exceptional leaders in whatever field they choose to enter.
This includes the following:-
- We shall provide an environment and resources for girls and all staff to achieve excellence in each area of school life. Rigorous academic training will be provided and each girl expected to avail herself of every opportunity for learning.
- Christian values and the promotion of the Christian faith in the Anglican tradition will permeate all aspects of the school.
VGGS’s mission is to provide the very best in boarding education for girls in Kenya.
- Providing a warm and happy family environment for both staff and pupils both inside and outside the classroom at all times of the day and night during term time and during any courses running during school holidays.
- Showing respect and courtesy both inside and outside the classroom, in the wider Rongai community and beyond.
- Actively encouraging leadership skills and undertaking of responsibilities.
- Being an active member of a lively and caring Christian community.
- Developing the Christian faith through: daily worship at an assembly; a religious education teaching programme; the encouragement of the Christian Union.
- A formal act of appropriate Christian worship on Sundays.
- Achieving high standards of teaching and learning in all academic areas, but with special focus on Science and Information Technology.
- Active involvement in a wide range of extra-curricular activities including, sport, music, art and drama and the appreciation of literature.
- Creating and maintaining links with parents to ensure that the education of the girls is a genuine partnership between parents and the school.
- Being part of a Pastoral Care System that takes an active interest in every person in the school community.
- Providing as many bursaries as possible to bright girls from poor backgrounds in order to offer equality of opportunity.
- Constantly developing best practice in all aspects of the school, including: the curriculum, pastoral care; health; spiritual development and extra-curricular activities. The education offered should be broad and not just confined to examination performance, though this is important.
VGGS is a compassionate, focused and motivated community, in which all staff and students work hard and support each other. Truth, integrity and humility are central to everyday living following the example set by Christ.
- Seeing every pupil and member of staff as an individual with his/her own unique gifts and talents, all of which are worthy of respect.
- Developing these and giving additional support where necessary.
- Learning to be of service to others both within and outside the school.
- Achieving high standards in all aspects of school life through hard work.
- A commitment to the teachings of Christ.
- Those who have self respect combined with a respect for others, thus creating a strong team spirit.